SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buff24

I'm still here... mostly lurking...

buff24
15 years ago

Hey hosta lovers... I haven't been around in a while, but just thought I'd check in and say hello! I have been really busy with my family, my daughter is just over 18 months old now, and we are expecting baby #2 in mid-October! I've been spending most of my online time over at the La Leche League mother-to-mother forums, and have become quite addicted to that. My hostas are making their way out of the ground... some of the ones on the south side of the house are nearly fully leafed out, while the hostas on the north side of our house are still trying to poke out of the ground.

I did get out and divide 4 of them recently, to give to a work friend who volunteers his time at a teen center in the inner city where they have a HUGE garden. I divided HUGE chunks off Guacamole, Krossa Regal, Rascal, and Pearl Lake, but still have huge plants left. I LOVE dividing hostas this time of year because it's so easy to just pull the mulch back, take a sharp knife and cut through the section of crown I want to divide, then use a shovel to dig up the section I want. That way the rest of the plant goes totally undisturbed. I then just filled in the hole with some nice topsoil, covered it back up with mulch, and voila! The rest of the clump in the ground doesn't know the difference. I was thinking of dividing Spring Fling too... last year it was overtaking Blue Mouse Ears, so I might divide off the section of SF closest to BME.

Anyway, hope you all are doing well, and are unthawing after this winter. I probably won't be posting much, but I have eyes here and do check in on occasion!!

Have a great hosta summer,

Buff

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville