SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dutchplant

I'm new, lurking around for months now:-)

dutchplant
11 years ago

Hello everybody!

This Hoya forum is my favorite, I'm here almost dayly to look and to learn. I'm Ingrid and I live in Holland.I hadn't much fantasy at the time I registered here, so that's the Dutchplant thing:-)

English is not my mother language,so if I make mistakes I hope you forgive me. I bought a Hoya carnosa tricolor and a varieged carnosa about 10 years ago, and I only recently discovered that there are much more Hoya's available. They are very rare for sale here, but we are so lucky to have Paul Shirley and the EPRIC foundation in Holland.

I also met a Dutch collector on facebook and he was so kind to help me begin a collection by sending me some cuttings. I bought also quit a lot myself, and now I have about 40 different Hoya's. Most of them are just baby's, but they do well and most of them have also new leaves.

I cut the Hoya flue real bad, but I promised myself ( & my DH:-)) that I wouldn't buy any new one's this year ( well, today I couldn't help myself & ordered a Hoya macgillivayi and a Hoya stoneana at EPRIC, I have a mac for months now, with 4 leaves doing nothing, so I thought to make a back-up:-)

I'm on an invalide payment for the last 10 years, because of chronic lyme disease, before that I worked as a nurse for almost 20 years. So, I am at home, and make the best of life as it is for me now,and I am not complaining. I love houseplants my whole life, and I like it how its gonna get greener and greener inside. I try to post some pictures- now that it must be easier it was also the moment that I thought to introduce myself-lol!

So I hope they show up.

Warm greetings!! Ingrid

Comments (44)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES