SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bearstate

Blender Works

bearstate
16 years ago

Got some shallots? Thin slice 'em and fry 'em in olive oil and lemon juice till caramellized. Add some chopped garlic - lots of chopped garlic and maybe some fennel seed. Caramelize all that stuff. Toss it in a blender with butter and Voila! Garlic Butter.

Bananas are great in blenders. Into the blender, toss in about 5 ice cubes and some apple juice for lubricating the blender while it grinds them up. Add one banana and either vanilla ice cream or yogurt - your choice! Then add any of the following, a bartlet pear, a peach, 2 kiwis, strawberries. Bananas are somewhat neutral and whatever you add will just be enhanced flavorwise.

A frog in a blender? Well maybe ... but how about some cooked salmon or prawns with some stuff added to spice it up for a sandwich. Sea Weed and Wasabe!

Sorry, I just had to share that. I got a blender recently and the damn thing is getting a work out.

I just downed a whole bag of blueberries whipped up with a couple ice cubes into something that poured out of the blender like a glacier and had be going back to store for more blue berries after it all disappeared.

What's good to make in a blender? I'm just gett'n started.

Comments (18)