SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

They Fried and Died

newyorkrita
13 years ago

This past really bad heat spell (103) with no rain has really stressed out the plants. I have one Viburnum shrub looks dead, really crispy brown leaves with not a live one in site. My Grandiflora serviceberry tree has numberous dead branches and the dead braches keep spreading. Doesn't help no matter how much I water it. I am worried about loosing the whole tree. My shrub serviceberries have lots of yellow and dying leaves, been watering them. I have two shrub roses in back of my garage that look near biting the dust also. Lots of the blueberry shrubs are in bad shape and some of my winterberry shrubs have lots of fried leaves. I have been watering them all.

Usually after I cut the roses back they grow again nicely for a strong second fluish. The roses have hardly any new growth and there isn't going to be a second flush until we get a good strong soaking rain to start them growing.

I have been watering the daylilies. Some spots look fine, I guess I water them enough. Others are stressed out big time. Worst of all is a really dry gardenbed way in back were I had MOONLIT MASQUOERADE, AUTUM WOOD and MYSTICAL RAINBOW. They are totally kaput. As in nothing but a bunch of dead dried leaves were the plants used to be. They didn't make it thru the heatwave. I was going to dig and divide them but now there is nothing to divide. Plus some of my newly planted daylilies here and there around the garden are dried up and gone. I fear permantly as I don't think they have been here long enough to get established.

I am just praying for rain while watering everyday.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH