SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Funny update

lucillle
13 years ago

I haven't canned yet, will probably try this weekend. This was mostly due to a recent scary experience where the electric stove shorted out and I received a free electroshock treatment, I happened to be simultaneously stirring two pots at the time. That definitely was not the amusing part.

So I have another stove now, and, heee,heee.....as of a few minutes ago when the Fedex truck drove up, TWO canners. lol.

I had forgotton that before I bought my new 16 qt Presto at Walmart, I put in a twenty something dollar bid on Ebay for the exact same canner. And of course, as fate would have it, was the high bidder. It is was sold as and seems brand new, came wrapped in plastic in a closed box that looks exactly like the box my one from Walmart was in, with a stapled package for the weights.

There's nothing much in the garden yet so I'm going to look through the NCHFP recipes and find one that looks easy.

I had looked through canning stuff years ago but never actually got to do it. With two canners on hand, Fate is making sure that this time, I'm gonna can.

Comments (3)