SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zabby17

Anyone Make Their Own Soymilk?

zabby17
17 years ago

I did it once --- on the way to making tofu --- in college, when I was in a student co-op and the designated tofu maker was away. But I don't consume it myself.

My sister, however, gave up red meat and is leaning more toward a vegetarian diet. Lately she uses a lot of it, and was asking about soymilk makers. Here's what she says:

>>> I've read some online feedback and I'm just dithering over putting the money into one (they're up to $150!!!). At the rate we go through it, I'm sure I'll save money, but I'm just wondering about time, effort, etc. The soyquick milk maker is supposed to only take fifteen minutes but I read an article by some woman (who a bunch of veggies quoted as if she were some sort of minor deity) who talked about her "special" method of using it so you got a less "beany" tasting soy milk...she used a lot of words like "scalding all the equipment", "squeezing the soy through sterilized cloths"...and that's not what I want to sign on for.

Anyone have any wisdom I could share? I would much appreciate it. (My sister has four kids and needs all the help she can get in keeping life simple.......)

Cheers,

Zabby

Comments (6)