SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tannatonk23_fl_z9a

My fish emulsion story

tannatonk23_fl_z9a
16 years ago

OK - I've heard such good things about fish emulsion I decided to give it a try. Go to WM last weekend to see if they carried it and yep sure enough - Alaska Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 - that's what I'm looking for. As I'm holding it and reading the directions for use on the label I'm thinking "oh boy, this sure does smell nasty!". Oh, look, the bottle is leaking all over my hand and running down my arm to drip off my elbow. This stuff is brown and thick like honey. Where do I wipe this off???? Go to the nearest cashier and ask for a wet wipe - they don't have any. Go to the health & beauty department looking for wet ones. I know I'm getting funny looks cuz I STINK!!!! lol!!! Find the most highly scently wet ones and rip open the box. I used about a dozen or so to get the gunk off of me and the shopping cart. OK - back to the garden center. I am determined to take this stuff home. Found a bottle that was not dripped all over, tightened the cap, and wrapped it in wet ones. I held it while the cashier scanned it and we double wrapped it and carefully put it in my cart! WHEW! Made it home without it leaking all over the car, but my dog is sure interested.

I left it on the back porch overnight in the bags until I came up with a plan of action. Last night I donned the rubber gloves and proceeded to fertilize the gardens. It doesn't smell quite as bad as it did when it was stuck on my body full strength. When mixing it makes a foam that is reminiscent of root beer floats - with a different scent.

This morning I went to take the dog outside and there were two cats in the yard. The dog wents nuts and ran right through the pool enclosure screen to chase them out of the yard. I was wondering if that smell would bring critters. Now I have to get the screen fixed :(

Anyway - that's my story. I hope the fertilizer works as good as I have heard!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!