SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

At long last.....Daylily season has begun!

celeste/NH
10 years ago

I am trying to keep up with all the posts you all are sharing every day but may not be able to respond to each because I'm so busy, busy lately it's ridiculous. It rains here pretty much non-stop (for the past 2 weeks) and if it's not raining it's sweltering heat and I'm out there trying to eliminate all the thousands of weeds, slugs, and japanese beetles that have taken over my yard. Then of course I have a new grandbaby living in my home, who is extra-cute and I have to snuggle with him any time I can get him away from his mama...lol. The other 2 little grandsons are here a few days a week, and then of course there's my mom who needs constant care. (Plus DH & Tiffany). After burying Lily last week I
felt very lost and sad but I wanted to make sure you all knew that your words of comfort helped me so much.

All this rain ruined my roses and brought out multitudes of insects. It also causes some splotchiness on the daylily blooms but the great thing is I haven't had to drag the hoses around from garden to garden yet this summer! I know some of you are very dry and wish you had rain and it's too bad we can't SHARE because I would gladly give you some of mine. I'm enjoying everyone's posts!

Celeste

We had a break in the rain yesterday so I got out with my camera and started snapping away before the torrential downpour started....here are a few things blooming:

Screen Pattern

Scarlet Pimpernel

Swirling Spider

Lil' Red Wagon

Terry Lyninger, ffo (not great, but most of the clump died over the winter and I was left with just one fan)

Delphiniums

Tropical Trails, ffo in the rain

Here I am with my 'bundle of boys'......

{{gwi:883521}}

Mystic Mariner

NOID purple with asiatic lilies

I have lots more photos I took and will do another post a.s.a.p. so I don't get too far behind! Thanks for looking.

Comments (14)