SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

Remember the mosaic wall project?

solstice98
16 years ago

Besides doing some gardening this weekend, I finally finished the tile work on my patio wall mosaic. Woo hoo! Life is good.

Those of you who have been reading the forum for a year or so - and those who were at the Solstice Swap last June - may recall this project. Like many garden projects it started great, then slowed to a crawl, then flared up in the fall, then died. Too many other demands took over for the winter and the wall was ignored. But this weekend I decided to revive it. I got totally caught up in it again and put the last tile in early this afternoon. I was going to wait until the grouting was done before showing it off, but that may take another year and I can't wait that long!

First picture is the 'BEFORE' with the catch-all potting bench, now happily cleaned up (sort of) and situated on the other side of the patio. The marks on the wall are from the outdoor kitchen cabinets that rotted off the wall shortly after we moved in.

(No, that isn't a propane-powered sink ;~) )

And this is 'DURING', when I thought it would never be done.

And the 'AFTER'!

The sink stand will either get rebuilt or painted to blend in with the wall.

Do you like the mosaic bucket under the sink? The handle on the bucket is real and came off a large kittylitter tub.

These are details to show the glass beads. When the light from the setting sun hits them, they sparkle.

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting