SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chinchette

I need a suggestion for a screen from neighbors

chinchette
11 years ago

My neighbor on one side expanded their patio and built a pool. They have a two story house and now have a second story patio and downstairs patio that is now more in my face. There is a short brick fence (theirs) between us. There is an oak tree on my side, with branching about 17-20 feet up. To the left of the tree, I've planted 4 dwarf textilas bamboo plants along the fence line. I think they will fill in okay. On the right side of the oak (the oak is about 2.5 feet from the fence) I've already got white bird of paradise growing. The white birds don't really create the amount of privacy that I am looking for. Yet I don't want to cut them down and suffer for a while.

I've considered bamboo on the right side and then when it fills in, take the birds down, or just take the older parts out and let just small ones grow. But I think it will look really busy with the bamboo reaching past the lower limbs of the tree. Okay, that is a lot of information. Any ideas of how to fill in with something else mixed with the birds that will create privacy quickly?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!