SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

I should be happy they're cleaning the yard up, but...

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

the stupid fools they hired to clean up next door just cut a 25 year old red bougie down to the ground (and I do mean to the ground), along with about 20 other mature shrubs that were around the pool cage. they also took out a ruby red grapefuit that could have been saved with proper pruning and fertilizing. It's just horribly neglected. However, they left the invasive brazilian pepper, although they did cut it back. They also cut back an oak tree that was growing into the pool cage, but not enough so that it won't be growing into it again very soon.

I know the woman who died there is rolling over in her grave. She took such good care of that house and yard. All the beautiful hibiscus she had died from lack of water. There is barely anything there that was there before.

I guess I should be thanking the heavens that someone is cleaning it up. It's supposedly going to be rented out. I just don't know what to think. there are literally huge piles of limbs and debris over there now. I'm surprised they didn't take out the ficus tree and the sago palm. They just got big chain saws, just like last time, and went to town. Obviously, they don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Last time they were here, I had to call the police, because when I asked them to please move their van off of my lawn (they had to know that wasn't in the right yard) and stop throwing the trash and tools on my yard, they started cursing me and threatening me. So there is a no trespassing order out on them now, so they won't be coming into my yard anymore.

To top it all off, I see that they destroyed the pipe leading to the well. I have no idea how they did that, except by driving a truck over it, and it's too close to the house for that. Oh well, the pump control was struck by lightning years ago and not fixed. She just collected the insurance money and never fixed it. I wonder if she knew that her bathroom water came from the well? Maybe they never bathed, I don't know.

O.K., enough ranting.

Comments (5)