SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purpleace

starting from scratch

13 years ago

When we bought our house a few years ago the yard was a nightmare due to it being a rental house for several years. It had a yard full of mud and dead grass and completely overgrown plants. I worked so hard to clear them out to replant only to have everything die soon after planting it. I finally went to a local nursery and they told me to pick up a book which I have read from cover to cover on south Florida landscaping. They also had me come to this site...which I read daily even though I never have posted. I now know what stuff to look for but now I can't decide what to do. I have been to the nursery every day this week and have not left with one single plant.

{{gwi:867585}}

The space between the two palms is 16'9". The bed is approximately 8' deep. The size is just overwhelming to me. I was considering going with traditional tis, crotons, and variegated liriope but I also like the looks of some of the taller grasses too. We have a sprinkler system that runs twice a week and the area is in full sun with sandy soil. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am afraid if I wait much longer to decide I will have to clear out those beds again...lol.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH