SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manature

Pond Update & A Good Buy

manature
15 years ago

Well, it has been 1 month almost to the day since we had the stock tank delivered and started creating a little oasis in our backyard. Mark added the bamboo dripper last weekend, and this week, I found a great buy on retro looking metal patio chairs, just like my grandmother had in her backyard when I was growing up. I fell in love with them, and Lowe's has them in blue or green for $31 each. I couldn't WAIT to get them home. I've been looking for them for a long time, and they are always very pricey. I would have loved to have a vintage set, but they are even PRICIER. So for now, these cute little blue chairs make me happy. And they are comfy, too. A nice place to have my cuppa tea in the morning.

The pond one month ago, on Day 1:

And the pond today:

Still lots more work to do in the area, but it sure does make me feel good to have the sound of bubbling water to keep me company when I'm out there.

And my remarkable, miraculous water lily...it went from 2 little half inch green nubs in a plastic cup (from Home Depot) to fifteen 6" leaves and a blossom in EIGHTEEN DAYS! I could almost SEE it growing!

And then there are the fishies...they are all so pretty, though this is a really blurry pic. (The darn things won't hold still unless they are eating out of my hand, and then I can't hold the camera to photograph them, anyway.)

All in all, this project has been a happy one, and makes me feel better about what a disaster my yard is currently.

Marcia

Comments (24)