SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manature

Plant ID's, Please Help!

manature
16 years ago

A few things I need help with. My good friend is moving into a house, and she was showing me her new backyard area. There are a few things planted there, but mostly she will be looking to me to help her get a garden started. She's very excited about it, and I'm hoping she will join us here at GW.

There is a large shrub that her landlady calls a "wild gardenia." I am pretty sure we have had posts about this one before, so I feel that some of you will recognize it. My other friend, Gary, said he thought it was a Cape Jasmine. What do you guys think? Is he right?

The second plant in the yard that we didn't recognize looks like a clerodendrum to me, but I'm not sure which one. It is similar to pagoda flower, yet looser and somewhat different. Anyone know what this is?

Also, I bought a plant for my White Garden that the gal at the nursery called a "white shrimp plant." I've had a white shrimp plant before, and it was very different from this, though this definitely looks to be in the family. (Justicia?) Anyone familiar with this one?

Thanks for any help you can give me on these.

Marcia

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!