SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crueltyfre

pictures of my humble little lot

crueltyfre
12 years ago

I don't have any land, just a small lot in the middle of the suburbs....which has been frozen to the ground, what, three years running now! But here are a few shots---

this is my favorite corner in the backyard-

to the right of this corner is my Betta Fish pond. It was a baby blue fiberglass spa that broke and couldn't be fixed. So I got some pond paint and painted it black, had a mason put stones around the top, added water, plants, rocks and this year, fish.

{{gwi:859719}}

Yes, betta's can live together peacefully, they will not kill each other on sight as many believe. There's three in this shot, just hanging together. They are intelligent, curious, sentient beings who go insane when forced to live their whole lives in a cup with nowhere to go, nothing to interact with, etc. I have a dozen adults in there, but they're breeding so who knows how many I'll have soon.

{{gwi:859721}}

Moving to the right of the pond is this sitting area. This area was just redone, so it's still skimpy and not established yet.

This is the sunny corner. I moved all the shrubs that freeze to the back, behind those that don't. It's just starting to fill in, but has a ways to go.

The rest of my backyard is barren. I replanted it after the first year of freezes, but the second year of freezes got that. So last year I didn't even bother. I've decided to plant nothing that freezes, so replanting is going slow, I"m waiting for just the right plants.

Lori

Comments (17)