SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ariel73

My Field trip

ariel73
16 years ago

I took the kids on a field trip (we homeschool) last week and boy was it great!

We first went to the Butterfly Rainforest in Gainsville. Wow!!!!!!! It was beautiful. Even if you don't like buterflies, the plants/landscaping was amazing, tons of tropicals and flowers. Pictures do not do it justice! As you exit the butterfly rainforest it leads you into the Florida museum of Natural History. It was very nice. We will definately be going back.

We then went to Paynes Prarrie where we saw tons of gators. We also saw a bluebird, not blue jay. That may not be exciting for some of you, but I have not seen a bluebird in 20 years. We didn't spend to long at Paynes prarrie because it was sooo hot.

Our final destination for the day was a house that belongs to an older couple that grows sugar cane. She took us on a tour of her lovely garden. Tons of flowers!!! We are going to go back to her home the 1st weekend in December when she harvests the sugarcane and make it in to syrup.

All in all it was a wonderful day. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

I didn't post many of the pictures. So if you want to see more let me know and I will add more pictures to the album.

Ariel

Here is a link that might be useful: Field Trip

Comments (14)