SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farmerbell

A few of Tuesday's seedlings

farmerbell
15 years ago

I hope I am not making too many posts of my seedling pictures, but I am so excited every day to see what is blooming. My husband is not a gardener but really tries to show interest every day when I drag him to the seedling bed.

#1 This one is for Lrae to show that some are not very pretty. The worst of the worst I don't even photograph.

#3 I don't know if this one is a keeper or not. It is from Rushing Delight X Gary Colby and it is such a blah color, but has a big 7" bloom. In person it sorta reminds me of a large Ida's Magic. The camera did not capture some of what little color it has.

#4 This is a sibling to the previous one - a nice soft yellow, but not great form.

#5 I love this seedling. I like the variance in colors that is always present. Every bloom on this daylily is quite beautiful (in my uneducated eyes).

#7 This is a beautiful soft pink from Elizabeth Salter. The sepals are trying to show an edge. Should I try to cross this with another daylily to see if I can improve on form and keep or improve the edge?

Thanks for your help/comments.

Ann

Comments (16)