SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

As we get close to the swap...

fawnridge (Ricky)
16 years ago

Some things to remember:

1. Bring chairs - the canvas fold-up ones. We've a few, but if you've got 'em, bring 'em.

2. If you have a lot of stuff to setup - a popup tent, lots and lots of plants, whatever, please come early. I'll be up most of the night anyhow cooking (the brisket goes in the cooker at ten o'clock Saturday night, the pork butts at midnight.) The guard at the gatehouse will let you in any time after 8am.

3. We're expecting 71 people, I'm guessing at least 30 cars. Please don't block the neighbors' driveways. You can park in the clubhouse lot and walk over (100 yards away.)

4. I won't be giving an in-depth tour of the garden until after lunch as part of my talk on design. But feel free to grab me and drag me into the garden to answer questions at any time during the day. I'll be signing books just before lunch. I only have 15 of each left, first come, first served.

5. Lunch will be served at noon and the educational session begins around one o'clock. Feel free to eat while I talk. We're going to use the driveway as an impromptu classroom, so those of you bringing pop-ups, please set them up there, and bring your chairs around front after you eat. There will be a handout so no need to take notes.

6. There's plenty of room and shade up both sides of our house, everything has fresh mulch, and the mud on the left side is gone.

7. If you must smoke, take a walk down the street.

8. Leave your clippers in your car, but don't hesitate to ask me for a cutting.

9. Leave nothing behind and that includes you rascals who like to sneak something into the ground when I'm not looking. Trust me, I know every square inch of the garden and will spot an interloper in a heartbeat. Carmen, don't forget your cooler.

1. Everybody take pictures!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!