SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

For your viewing pleasure...pix

mizellie
15 years ago

I will never be able to catch up!! Some of the dates are mixed because I loaded them on photobucket at the same time. Some have been sitting on my pc..waiting. Enjoy...

{{gwi:834113}}

I know I have shown this but it has multiple blooms...who can resist?

{{gwi:834114}}

{{gwi:834115}}

{{gwi:671146}}

{{gwi:834116}}

{{gwi:834117}}

{{gwi:834118}}

{{gwi:834119}}

{{gwi:646811}}

{{gwi:834120}}

{{gwi:834121}}

{{gwi:834122}}

{{gwi:834123}}

{{gwi:834124}}

{{gwi:834125}}

{{gwi:834126}}

{{gwi:834127}}

{{gwi:834128}}

{{gwi:646813}}

{{gwi:834129}}

{{gwi:834130}}

{{gwi:834131}}

I discovered today that this is not Sunshine Prize. After I labeled it, of course...

{{gwi:834132}}

{{gwi:834133}}

Thanks for your patience...Ellie

Comments (26)

• shive
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wonderful photos! I especially enjoyed the clump shots. I wish my Land of Cotton would clump up. It's been the same three fans for three years.

Debra

• loveofmylife680
    15 years ago

Ellie, You always make me add to my list. Now I want Square dancers curtsey, Laura Harwood, Nell Dean and Frances Joiner. Enjoy your photos.
    Jill

• Related Discussions

Digital program to view your home with exterior paint applied

Q

Comments (1)
    Yes. Most of the major paint manufacturer's websites have some type of "visualizer" so that you can upload a picture of the area you want to paint and then "paint" the area with various colors.
    ...See More

For Your Viewing Pleasure.

Q

Comments (20)
    No adenium nurseries per se but South Maui gardens had quiet a few but didn’t look like they took good care of them. Lowe’s, Home Depot and Walmart sporadically have some available. Tim West who lives on Maui who is on Facebook sells quite a few of them. I found 4 old adeniums from Rainbow Acres which is an unlikely place because it’s usually cloudy and rains a lot. Best to check with the Hawaii department of agriculture if it’s even possible to take them out of the islands.
    ...See More

Pretty roses for your viewing pleasure

Q

Comments (21)
    Ha, ha! My blackspotted piece of cr*p is Abe Darby. We all have one or two, don't we? But a delicious fragrance and gorgeous blooms can atone for much. I love the plum shades in your collection! I saw Violet's Pride at the nursery last year and tried really hard to convince myself that purchasing it was necessary to my health and wellbeing. The fragrance is sweet and the color is wonderful! And who doesn't love Downton Abbey and Maggie Smith? Carol
    ...See More

11K Square Feet- $375K...... Project for your viewing pleasure

Q

Comments (14)
    I wouldn't knock down any walls, but I would much prefer to see those yellow/mustard walls painted gray instead of the colors they are now. I am also okay with black furniture - I much prefer that to brown. My brother has had to go to Terre Haute on business, and he also described it as the middle of nowhere. I think Indiana's motto is "crossroads of America," which I translate to mean "middle of nowhere." I've had very good friends from Indiana, however, including roommates in college from Muncie. Dining options in Terre Haute were very limited, according to my brother, but it may have improved since he was there. He does not eat beef or pork.
    ...See More
  • tweetypye
    15 years ago

Love them all Ellie...thanks for taking time to post them for us to enjoy.
    Jan

• jkunkel
    15 years ago

OMG! Your doubles are amazing! I still just have to get land of cotton. And fluttering beauty is a beauty indeed. Does it do well for you? Does your malysian monarch always look that good? I remember reading a review at Oakes and someone said that the blooms aren't always looking like they should. Anyways that was quite a show thanks ellie! -Jessica

• luvtosharedivs
    15 years ago

First of all, Ellie,
    I appreciate your smaller file sizes - makes for fast and easy loading!

Wineberry Candy is one of my favorites in my garden, puting on a long show - yours is lovely.
    Some day I hope to have Square Dancer's Curtsey in my garden - it's so colorful!
    I have Ruffled Apricot, but I'm waiting (for the third year) to see the ruffles - yours sure looks fine!
    Viewing you pics is better than viewing a catalog - Thanks to you, I've now started my 4th wish list page, adding El Rosario, Edge of Frenzy, and Autumn Jewels.

Always enjoy your photos,

Julie

• juliet11
    15 years ago

Great photos - I also especially like the multiple bloom shots. It's hard to choose but I think my favorite is Edge of Frenzy. Thanks for sharing these!

Juliet

• lilylady_2008
    15 years ago

Doesn't Wineberry Candy just bloom it's pretty little head off. And Frances Joiner is beautiful, ALWAYS! Your Court Magician looks so much better than mine did, but it was new last summer and must not have come into its own yet. Nell Dean and Angelic Grin are must haves for me. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing such lovely pictures.
    Dianna

• tjhemmer
    15 years ago

Too Many. Daylily overload. I feel like I've wandered into a growers field and he says go out and PICK JUST ONE. It can't be done.

I have Scatterbrain, Angelic Grin (Your's is nicer), Court Magician (Great Pic), Malaysian Monarch, Land of Cotton, Francis Joiner and Ruffled Apricot. Had Parade of Peacocks, love it but lost it this winter.

And that doesn't even cut you list in half.

Questions: How tall is SDC and Denali?

Love that Return to Paradise.

Fluttering Beauty. When I was at Joiner's, I looked at a bunch of her unusual doubles. Walked away, came back looked again and had to look at them one last time before I left the garden. (It was a daylily overload type place)

Nell Dean looks like the name I have on my list

Keep posting

Tom

• caliloo
    15 years ago

Wow - they are all amazing!

I really like COURT MAGICIAN.... it is in the 2nd year in my garden and putting on a great show. I need to get MALAYSIAN MONARCH - those rich purples are really awesome!

Alexa

• mlwgardener
    15 years ago

Square Dancers Curtsey and Fluttering Beauty are just so WOW! I need them, but which one would I get rid of to add these. I swear, I can't do it! I can not say, this plant I do not want anymore. I can always find a reason to keep it!!! Some great daylily grower and seller I am!!! I'll grow them, but I never get around to selling any, not even one!Yours are all so pretty!!!

Keep them coming, I need to see more and more, Mona

• mareas
    15 years ago

Oh ELLIE! Thanks for all these lucious bouquets!
    Fluttering Beauty is in it's own class, isn't it? UFO double? Whatever it is, it's spectacular.
    marea

• mizellie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Debra, mine is only 2 yrs old and I have several fans. About 8 I think and they all are blooming. They are just as pretty today as they were when I took the pic.

Jill, of all of those, ND is my favorite. When I bought her, I paid quite a lot of money for her and now have a lot of her. She has a most unusual color and her 1st blooms are small ( 5" ) but then she goes hog wild. Big huge blooms and her foliage is near perfect. Nice wide fans that makes her look like a tet..This is the best FJ has looked for a couple of years. Must be the rain..

You are welcome Jan. Did ND bloom for you this year?

Jessica, my MM always looks this good. Last year, even with the draught, he looked terrific..FB is fantastic. I traded Chris for that one and have not been sorry..In fact, I think I like her better than the one I traded..She has increased well and blooms really well but is a late bloomer for me. She hasn't been 40" tall as supposed but definitly has the 9" bloom. I am glad she isn't quite that tall because I probably would have to stake her because of wind here..

Julie, you sure make me laugh. El Rosario is one I have had for several years and the last three years are the ones that made me decide to keep her. She was puney for me the first couple of yrs. You see, I have a lot of sand in my soil and some dls don't do as well. they bloom ok but their foliage is not desireable and sometimes they don't increase as well as they should..RA does not get anymore ruffled than that. I have so much of that one that I am putting it in the almst garden. That's where I put the ones I have overages on and don't want to throw them away..
    Thank you for the compliment on my file size. it not only loads faster but is easier to see when you post them. I do mine in pixels which is 500 x whatever. I size them in the old. Photo deluxe. I have other programs but this one is much easier and better for me..

Juliet, when EOF bloomed, it was very close to Watermelon Taffy and at first glance, I thought I had gotten them mixed. it is a lovely dl though..

Dianna, this is only my 2nd bloom season for AG and she is really showing her stuff. Multiples everyday. As you probably noticed, most of my best doubles are late bloomers and are just getting started good..I have had WC for several years and she has always been a good sport. She blooms no matter what..

Tom, SDC is only about 20" for me this year. She was taller last year though Maybe 23 or 24". Denali is 20" for me and isn't supposed to get much taller than that. She is a shortie. FB has 9" blooms and you can't tell by the pic. She is a beauty for sure. I have Firefly Frenzy which blooms earlier. BTW, Denali rarely blooms double but with a beautiful bloom such as she has, it really doesn't matter. I had one fully doubled bloom on her this year and didn't even get a pic..Nell Dean is a true winner, my favorite of about 65 dbls that I have..

Alexa, they are very similar dls. I had to point out the difference to a friend of mine who thought they were the same. Both are good doers for me..

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. Now, I'll have to post more...Ellie

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

I really enjoyed your photos. It's raining here (yes!) so I can't look at my daylilies so I will look at yours plus you have so many amazing ones. Thanks for posting Square Dancer's Curtsey again - love that one. I got Nell Dean this spring but it hasn't bloomed for me. Please keep sharing your pics.

Ann

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

Never mind the mixed up dates, its the gorgeous daylilies that count. Wow, you have a lot of really great ones. Still like LAURA HARWOOD alot. Your shot of WINEBERRY CANDY is wonderful. EDGE OF FRENZY and AUTUMN JEWELS are my favorites and they are ones I have never heard of before.

• maximus7116
    15 years ago

Great shots, Ellie. I see that all the Michigan exports are doing well in Alabama. :o)

Once I have more blooms, I'll have to do a thread on all the lovelies I've received from you in trade.

• njmomma
    15 years ago

Thanks for the pics! Great shots!

• janepa
    15 years ago

What a great bunch of DLs. I agree about Nell Dean, but some of these are brand new to me and what fun I had checking them out. That Square Dancers Curtsey is something else. El Rosario and Play Misty For Me really caught my eye, too.
    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful daylilies. Jane

• frogpondlily
    15 years ago

Have mercy, I can't pick from the list! They're simply gorgeous.
    Janet

• jean_ar
    15 years ago

Beautiful, Every one of them,I really love the purples and lavenders best,but I like tham all,and thank you for sharing them.

Jean

• mizellie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ann, you are going to love Nell Dean. I have had her several years and she still stuns me! I posted SDC for you so you could see a multiple bloom. She is lovely...

Rita, Laura Harwood would be lovely in your beds. I know you can't tell in the photo's but she has a very large bloom. The contrast with the eye is a stunner in the garden..WC has been blooming for some time now and I don't know where I put the other pics.

Chris, they are doing excellent. I hope the Alabama exports fare as well. I will be waiting for the photos..

njmomma, I am pleased you are enjoying them..

Jane, Play Misty for Me has been a hard one to get a photo of. My fault because she opens late and I take the pictures early in the morning while I groom the plants. She is supposed to have a wire edge but it is barely there. I love the colors on ER..

Thank you Janet..I am glad you like them....

Thank yo everyone...Ellie

• fairysoapgirl
    15 years ago

Square Dancer's Curtsey is awesome! I don't remember seeing that one before... or maybe the spidery forms are growing on me! :o0

Your Magic Amethyst has so much color! I noticed on rebloom mine had more color that the first few... but nothing like yours!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    15 years ago

Spiders must be growing on me too because Square Dancers Fancy really caught my eye.....About 3 years ago I tried to order Laura Harwood, but was told by the person at the daylily nursery that it didn't do very well in the heat. Yours certainly looks fine......What a marvelous group of daylilies. Hope you have more to show us.

• mizellie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mona, it's the same old problem. How to add more where there's no room. I sell some on occasion but am very careful to keep my own fans seperate.. I really hate to sell my favorites though. I am very stingy..

Marea, FB is a dbl uf. Very beautiful too!! Very pale creamy pink. Thanks...

Michelle, mine had more color on the original scape than now. I like it better now than then.. SDC, I thought was a very popular uf on this site. I think this is where I first saw her...

Mary, it gets very hot here but I have her where she gets filtered afternoon sun. I have a large Beauty Bush that protects her. it wasn't deliberate but just blind luck. She is still full of buds and her first bloom was perfect..

Thank you all and I am sorry to have missed you on the first rnd, Mona and Marea...Ellie

• paddlehikeva
    15 years ago

Ellie,

They are all beautiful, but Laura Harwood is the standout. I hope that my Play Misty for Me improves with age. It is currently a mottled mess which does not fully open. Usually Carr daylilies do quite well for me.

Kathy

• i_c_dillies
    15 years ago

Ellie,
    OH MY GOSH..........
    Beautiful, just beautiful. FAVORITE? I can't pick a favorite. I love them AAALLLLL!!
    Thanks for posting these beauties and feeding my addiction.

Lrae

• mizellie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, Play Misty For Me is a late afternoon opener for me. I got so discouraged with her because I like to take the morning shot before the heat sets in. Also, that's when I do my dabbing. I go to the garden prepared with tags, markers pad, pen and camera. Also gloves for the weed that's doing so well...

Lrae, they can all be favorites and that way you don't have to pick one..LOL!!

Thanks, Ladies...Ellie