SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbieca_gw

Today in my garden October 27-November 2

debbieca
17 years ago

I loved last week's thread. Let's keep sharing. Even if it is snowy there must be something the rest of us would love to hear about.

Today I walked out with tea and toast to the coolness of the first fall morning. Last night's temperature was 43, the first to really drop below 50. There is a pool of neon gold leaves beneath the nectarine tree. A lone orange echinacea flower's cone is the same color as the fall burgandy of the penstemon Husker Red. I wish these two performed so well all summer. Maybe for some of you they would. Although local wisdom says plant sweet peas now, for several years I have moved that forward until this year I put seed in pots at the end of August. This week I planted out sturdy seedlings. Nearly all my roses are blooming. The plants from Chamblee's, planted last February, have quadrupled in size and bloomed continuously, all except Benjamin Britten. I don't know if it is because of his nature, because I planted him against a west facing fence, or because he got eaten quite a bit, but he only had two blooms all season. Would the hollyhocks next to him cause any harm?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH