SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengimp

When Imps get busy ....

gardengimp
12 years ago

So what does an imp do when busy???

In between dealing with more family medical visits than I ever thought possible, even the poor male doggie with his annual bout with bleeding ulcers ....

[thankfully my own physical challenges have been rather well behaved as of late ... so long as you discount the repetitive motion injury in the weight bearing arm]

After another $$$$ year with the dog who eats anything that smells good, we have paid to remove the neighbors camphor tree. As well as yet another laurel oak trying to die out and fall on a neighbor. So I have another mountain of mulch that is being spread around the pathways. (no pictures, sorry!)

I undertook to build proper g'imp friendly raised beds in the back section. I foolishly thought it would only take a week or so. HA-HA-HA-HA.

I love them though. Ready to do the same to some of the beds in the front. Built in benches are just so very nice.

The center bed is now just totally loaded with various semi-shade veggies ready to harvest.

Speaking of harvest --- this not.a.winter has been just what the fledgling edible grower needed to gain a bunch of confidence. And to learn and execute the putting away of the abundant harvest. I am so very thrilled.

Our Orlando Eggplant (which is planted in a raised bed) has been giving us fruit all winter. Brocco-flower from Elizabeth and Ronn was one of our top favorite broccoli (along with Happy Rich from Johnny's). Dwarf Champion tomato seeds from Tom (nCath) are hands down the champion for growing in my front yard gardens. Well behaved, healthy plants giving us fresh tomatoes all winter. The Green Zebra from Silvia are one of hubs favorite (along with Dr. Carolyn and Cherokee Purple).

Hubs blood pressure is scary high, so he is becoming more interested in healthy fresh eating. Which launches me into figuring out more ways to extend the fresh from the garden meals.

Our small pond is strategically located just outside our in-home office windows. A soothing spot for hubs to take a short break from the stresses of his job. Over the winter, it started developing a few issues. Culminating with a leak. So it is being reborn; slightly bigger and better ....

I finally took the leap and started some classes I've been interested in. Weeeee!

and just started this month:

Keeping busy; mentally and physically, has sure improved my sleep habits :) Less late nights setting in front of the computer and less interacting with friends at GW. My wonderful in-laws got me an iPad (so I would be able to help them with theirs, and to have easily transported reading material as I haul them around to medical visits). I've been lurk-a-by reading. The ipad 'keyboard' is just more pita than I usually want to type a post with though.

So, Hi! Everybody!

Norm, my staghorn is doing great. And I'm glad you are enjoying the cuban oregano. I'll be happy to bring cuttings for anybody who is interested to Silvia's.

Oh, and Tom - Ricky is just the bomb. He is so handsome.

Alrighty, time to bring this quarterly update to conclusion.

Nice chatting with you all!

~dianne

Comments (9)