SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cocoabeachlorax

Trying to save a bottle brush tree, any experiences welcomed.

cocoabeachlorax
13 years ago

I love advice, stories, education, anything you have.

I already have 3 bottlebrush on my property and I must admit they're all doing alright despite my relative inexperience. I fertilize only using palm fertilizer to my entire property and they seem to like that, blooming reliably and putting out new growth each year. Anyway, our local hardware/agro store had a sorry little bottlebrush totally root bound and sad in their "save me, 50 % off" section. I had a spot for it and decided at just $20.00 it was worth a try.

I'm making sure to keep it deeply watered (1 to 2 inches every other day for the first 2 weeks, then I'll reduce to every 3rd day, and on and on over the first 3 months), I've fortified the soil and now I'm wondering if anyone has any further wisdom about bottle brush trees / bushes. I'd love to hear anything as everything I read is so general and not really helpful other than "bottle brush don't like to have their feet sit in soaking water"...

Thank you so much. I'll post some before and after pictures once she picks up, but I imagine it will take quite a while.

Comments (2)