SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

A Rusty Gate, A Bottle Tree, A Headboard...

kirkus
14 years ago

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been missing for awhile... The end of the school year kept me so busy. I finished school this week though! YAHOO! Gardens and Junk (Treasures), here I come! I've been looking at everyone's wonderful creations in your posts and am so inspired! I LOVE OUR FORUM!

Here are some of our latest additions to our gardens. My in-laws gave me money for my birthday. I used some of it to buy this rusty gate with rusty tools from Craigslist. I love old tools and have quite the collection so now I have to find an old metal fence or grate to make some more of these. This is free-standing. I haven't decided where to place it yet...probably tucked in one of our gardens.

{{gwi:146347}}

{{gwi:146349}}

Here is our blue bottle tree. Carol still needs to drink a few more bottles of wine so the tree will be finished! LOL The top 3 bottles are small. We found them in a 4 pack at Target with White Zin in them. The next 3 bottles Carol found at a beer/wine making store. $2 a piece. The guys at the store gave her a hard time when she said she needed them for a bottle tree. (We need to educate them! LOL) The rest of the bottles came from Carol's habit! LOL She drinks wine for medicinal purposes. :o) (To survive me and our kids ranging in ages from 2 to 22!) I think the tree looks nice out in nature. (The stand came from Collections, Etc...thanks to Purplemoon's post about it on the forum.)

{{gwi:130364}}

I posted this headboard I found at a yard sale from the free pile. I gave it 2 coats of primer and a coat of paint. I think it compliments the white bench. There is a path leading into the woods between the bench and headboard.

{{gwi:146352}}

Finally, I had to show this picture. Carol bought this miniature rose for our daughter Olivia Rose. We buy her one every year and eventually plant them in a special garden in the fall before the frost comes. Olivia and I planted the rose in an old clay pot and added glass gems Carol received from the Junk Train.

{{gwi:146353}}

Sorry this is such a long post. I've been off of the forum for so long that I'm trying to catch up! LOL I've missed you all! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (29)