SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Bed MPG

overview

{{gwi:244730}}

Picea glauca 'Albertina Conica' -- with sport .. its a hosta term .. sporting .... this is a reversion to the plain old green p. glauca ... note the dwarf DAS growth rate compared to momma ...

{{gwi:860435}}

Picea glauca 'Albertina Conica' .. BTWay ... this is the proper name for Dwarf Alberta Spruce... or DAS ... plain ole.. you may have seen a couple bazillion of them EVERYWHERE ... i would NEVER contemplate removing the second leader ... no snow load issues .. and is just cool

{{gwi:860437}}

Picea glauca 'Rainbows End' -- with sport ... NOT a reversion.. since it has some of the yellow coloration of REnd ... so a plain green DAS ... sports forward to a yellow tinged version and they name it rainbow's end .. which is sporting forward again to a p glauca growth rate with yellow coloration ... [do NOT confuse the wate's golden peaking from behind] ... as compared to going backwards to the old standard ... how in the heck.. two plants... are doing this within 8 feet of each other on a 5 acre lot is weird.. and unexplainable ... since i have duplicates of these.. it dont think i can trace back the sources ... ... indian burial ground is one explanation.. but unprovable ....

{{gwi:860439}}

Picea omorika 'Pendula' .. one of the sharpest.. meanest ... plants in the yard.. neat two tone effect ... the plant is NOT pendulous.. the side branches are .. i hate when one word can mean many differing things ...

{{gwi:626033}}

Tsuga canadensis 'Vermeulen's Winter Gold' .. not according to this picture.... hmmmm .. will have to go look at it in the sun.. if it ever shines again ..

{{gwi:644705}}

and the star of the lot ....

Picea pungens 'Thomsen' .. fireman may note that it looks NOTHING like his ... not similar in any aspect [besides both being picea pungens] ... they say its different than Hoopsi ... i see form differences .. but the coloration is very close.. it has been suggested that retention of the blue over the season/years may differ ...

{{gwi:641504}}

{{gwi:641505}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations