SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pudge2b

Annoying ads

Pudge 2b
18 years ago

Up until very recently, I was never bothered with those infernal pop up ads. I assumed it was cause the browser I use (Safari, for the Mac) has a built in pop up blocker. But the past week or so there's been an ad that comes up constantly - a shopping list with a pen stroking out names that disappears after about 10 seconds (but still, on each page I opened!). So I downloaded the Firefox browser and the Adblock extension. The same ad was initially blocked, then somehow started appearing again. Then I read somewhere to disable Javascr ipt so I did and that seems to have solved the problem.

Firefox was a snap to dowload and install, and copied all the bookmarks I had from Safari. Safari was fast enough, but Firefox is even faster loading pages, especially compared to Netscape or IE.

Then I went back to Safari, disabled javasc ript (sorry for the space in that word, but GW doesn't seem to want to allow a post with that word spelled in full???) and Safari now seems to be ad free.

I don't think I'm losing much with that feature disabled, but it's easy enough to enable again if need be.

I just thought I'd pass this info on in case anyone else is having the same trouble.

Comments (13)