SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deannac_gw

Tomato that doesn't exist according to the distributer!

13 years ago

Okay, yesterday, I purchased a cell pack of "Excellence" determinate toms by Bonnie from HD. I did some research, and according to the web, this plant doesn't exist.

I called Bonnie in AL, they said that they had never heard of it, and sent me to the FL growers (Waverly, FL), who ALSO didn't recognize the name. They did some research and told me that they had never grown this variety and could not find any information on it either.

I told them that I would go purchase another cell pack, and send 2 to the FL growers and 2 to the AL main office...they want to do DNA testing.

They are also sending their shipping supervisor to the Oviedo store to check on the plants.

One of the first things that threw me off was the fact that there were 3-4 plants in each cell, which Bonnie does NOT do.

Anyone know anything about "Excellence" determinate toms? I, as well as Bonnie are concerned that a GMO company may be using Bonnie's name to overtake the toms.

I'm not putting them in the garden, as I'm afraid that they may be a sneak attack to contaminate my organic heirlooms.

If anyone knows about these toms, would you give me a bit of info? Bonnie is VERY concerned that they might be sabotaged by a GMO company. They even asked if I would be willing to work with them in finding out the source of these toms. Serious stuff!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

D

Again, if anyone knows about "Excellence" determinate toms, please let me know

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH