SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madscientist_gw

gutter water distribution

madscientist
20 years ago

I posted this a couple of weeks ago on the 'drought' forum at gardenweb, but haven't gotten any response. While it's not 'energy' related, I'm hoping that the resource conservation gurus here will have some ideas.

I have an area on the west side of my house under very deep eaves, so gets virtually no natural water. Does anyone have a decent gutter water distribution system that they can share photos and/or specifications on? I'm thinking that I can run plastic gutter pipe down the house to almost ground level, then run more pipe along the house, sloping gently. This run of gutter pipe (square) would somehow be capped at the end and have drilled perforations along the run for water to exit. I could then put in low shrubs or other foundation plantings and have this area as a bed.

My desire to do this springs from 1) the water that comes off the house on that side isn't currently doing anything but digging holes in the new gramma lawn and 2) any foundation plantings under the eaves would need substantial supplimental water. So basically, I just want to channel the water to where it is useful.

Any help with the design, particularly photos of a non-catchment distribution system, would be appreciated! Links to websites and/or companies and/or someones individual creation are all welcome.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!