SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

Is it really getting warmer???

fawnridge (Ricky)
15 years ago

I stowed the goose down comforter and switched to a light blanket last night; even left the window open. It almost seems as though the plants are growing, or at least, not dying anymore. Man, this was a rough winter, and remember, I'm in Zone 10!!! I can't even imagine what would be like to live north of here.

But no more complaining and talking about it. As matter of fact, I'm not going to use the "W" word again until next December.

I'm hoping to start up the mistbed April 1st. Crotons only. If there's one that you're looking for, please ask. I'm more than happy to grow new plants for collectors.

The Yellow Excurrens that look a bit too green in this photo are now a vibrant yellow and totally blocking my view out the window. (Both are almost 2' taller!) So there'll be dozens of cuttings from these. Also, the huge Harvest Moon in the bottom photo has gotten too huge and is blocking pathways on either side of it; lots of cuttings will come from there.

Nothing will be ready for the Spring Swap-a-Que, but I'll be loaded with plants come October!

{{gwi:811083}}

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21