SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Waterwise

One of the more awesome things I acquired from last weekend's Plant Fair was a book called Waterwise. This is a free handbook given out by the Water Management Districts that I honestly would pay money for (but not a whole lot!). It started off pretty cut and dry like most "Manage your water wisely" handouts. But then it gets to the Plant Tables and instantly became an indispensable part of my Garden Resources collection. Using this, you can quickly find a plant your interested in and get a good idea of its requirements, thus helping you to make sure you put the Right Plant in the Right Place.

As you can see in the image below, I just started going through the list cross checking plants that meet my zone, water and light requirements (so far only the Sweet Acacia is highlighted, but I wanted to post this before I went much futher).

If you happen across a stall for you local Water Management District while visiting a plant sale/garden festival, make sure you check for this book. Yeah, a couple of other books I have go into more detail, but there's little to no hunting through this to find what I'm looking for and seeing if it will thrive in my yard.

Comments (16)