SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faltered_gw

It's Official- Fall CG Seed Swap- Nov 9th Deadline

faltered
16 years ago

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to make the official seed swap post. I moved the deadline back this year by about ten days. So hopefully that will help those of you living in warmer climates. Let's see how it goes this year and we can push it back another week next year if need be. This way, I can at least try to get the seeds back out by Thanksgiving. The deadline is November 9th, which means I need to have your seeds in my hand by then. I simply cannot hold up the swap for late seeds, there are too many people participating this year.

Last year's information

That's the link to last year's post. Just a re-cap for those of you that are new. Seeds should be clean and free of chaff (if not, please label includes chaff on the pack so the recipient knows). Place roughly 25 seeds in each packet. Larger seeds may have less per pack and smaller seeds (like poppies) just sprinkle a good amount in there.

Label each packet with your user name, common & latin name of plant, sun & water requirements, height, zone information, etc. Basically- as much information as you can squeeze on there!

You can trade as many or as few packets as you would like. You will get back roughly the same number of packets you sent in.

I do allow a brief wish list to be included in your package. Write down no more than three types of seeds you would like in return. I will do my best to fulfill at least one wish. The rest will be just a grab bag.

Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope inside the envelope you are sending me. This just makes the swap go by that must faster. I know last year many people asked to reuse their envelopes and it took me an extra week to just write the addresses on! Try to place a little extra postage on the envelope, too, since most people will actually receive more seeds than they sent in.

Also, please include one or two extra stamps for our foreign friends if you are able to do so.

If you would like to participate in the swap, go here and fill out the contact form. Be sure to put your correct email address in. Simply mention that you would like to participate in the seed swap and then request my snail mail address. Do not contact me through GW. Last year many people were trying to use the contact link through GW and the emails were getting lost. I will respond to all emails within a day or two. If you do not hear from me in about five days, try filling out the form again. Everyone will need to contact me this year for my address as my husband and I moved a couple months ago, so we have a new address.

I'm looking forward to the swap this year and I know many of you are as well.

Now, I'm off to update my seed page! Happy seed saving everyone!!

Tracy

Comments (58)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus