SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Wildlife and water features

DYH
16 years ago

We have a stream and waterfall in our cottage garden. Today, the pump failed completely after running continuously for almost 2 years (in September). We called the landscaper who installed it to see if we could get a replacement quickly. He asked me to pull out the pump so he'd know what kind we needed as he thought it should still be under warranty.

I couldn't reach down far enough into the stream pond, so I asked my DH to come outside and pull the pump. I put our landscaper on speaker phone so that DH could hear what was being said.

As DH pulled the pump up, I told him that there was a snake on it! A black snake must have gone after a frog and gotten caught in the pump. Needless to say, the snake was deceased having tried to crawl inside the pump. DH extracted the snake and the pump is working again.

This is the first time that I've felt squeamish about maintaining our water feature!

Cameron

PS While it's too bad about the poor snake, it was a rather comical incident with our landscaper hearing what was going on. I'm sure he'll be telling this story for quite awhile.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor