SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terryincs

What Gardens to Visit on Trip FL

terryincs
13 years ago

Hello all you lucky Florida gardeners. I am planning a trip down there from northern IL in mid-March. I want to avoid spring break crowds but still hang out on the beaches where possible. I would also like to visit botanical and public gardens around the state. What are your favorites and where are some cool places to go that locals might know better. Plan on driving (with my dog and 2 other senior ladies) around the state but staying north of Palm Beam and Ft. Myers. Would like to do some shelling and stay in smaller towns where possible. If know of any dog-friendly beaches, please let me know. If you don't want to post publically you can email me directly at terryb52@yahoo.com (in case you don't want too many people to know of your local treasures :) ) I plan on visiting FL Botanical Gardens, Largo, Kanapaha Gainesville, Selby in Sarasota, maybe McKee in Vero Beach and Heathcote in Ft. Pierce. If any of those aren't worth it, please let me know as we have limited time and money. Thanks to everyone who responds. If you know of good places to stay, would love that as well. Remember--I have my pointer coming with me.

Comments (11)