SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvveggies_2ask

Veggie Thread for Far North

luvveggies_2aSK
18 years ago

Well, I love growing vegetables, as my name implies and was just wondering how many of you out there feel the same. At this time of year it seems we veggie growers can't relate to the other forums or threads out of our zones.

My garden is way behind other years....too much rain and late planting....then the weeds got ahead of some of the vegetables and what a kurfuffel....but now everything is growing good and should produce.

Just starting to have potatoes to eat....cucs just started flowering, some tomatoes are in blossom, peas ready to pick in a few days, beans with flowers, beets coming along nicely...however I find it late compared to (not last year) but other years. But, tomatoes that grew voluntarily in my town garden have flowers...go figure...not sure what got thrown out for the tillage last fall, although my town garden is probably a zone 4 where they germinated.

Just wondering if I should consider planting in April next year....regardless of the last frost date....seems the last two years, well April seems to have had the better weather for planting once things have dried out. Weather patterns seem to be changing, especially for the cucs, corn, beans...any thoughts?

How are your veggies doing?

Betty

Comments (13)