SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

Some pics from my zone 3 garden in early July 2014

ostrich
9 years ago

Hello everyone,

It has been a tough spring for gardening, but here we are! Finally things are blooming and catching. I would just like to share a few photos from my back yard from the last week or so. The other flowering perennials and shrubs had better start to bloom soon!!! :-)

Finally, the Karl Rosenfeld peonies are blooming! Gorgeous colour indeed. The Hope for Humanity Rose was just planted this year. Poor thing has been attacked by powdery mildew and rose slugs already... sigh!

My Incrediball hydrangeas are doing extremely well. They are now full of flower buds. These creeping phlox were just planted last year. They are doing great too!

This is my "secret garden" - the Snow in Summer have gone nuts and I love it!!! Together with the other yellow blooms, and the purple colours from the lupines and (soon to bloom liatris Kobold) this is my peaceful garden:

Oh my goodness, the Geranium Roxanne and Lamium Purple Dragon decided to start world domination this year!!! They have gone GIGANTIC and are still growing bigger!!! They are gobbling up the surrounding perennials and even shrubs!!! I need to do something about them... :-)

It's been a great year for the Dianthus and the Bumble Bee irises which I planted last year.

I just love this Butter and Sugar Siberian Iris - so subtle and elegant...

Then look at this attention seeking Batik iris!

I am now waiting patiently for the many hydrangeas to bloom. I think that Incrediball will win first, followed by Quick Fire.... Vanilla Strawberry has been growing vigorously but no sign of flowers yet.... Pinky Winky and Pee Gee are both doing great but no flower buds yet. Can't wait to see them bloom!

Comments (27)