SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Blue Forest,Golden Carpet,Mother Lode,Blue Tam,sabina 'Variegated

Juniperus horizontalis 'Blue Forest' ... brand new... great marketing.. 'looks like a mini blue forest' ... yeah.. right... will wait to see if it is much different than blue chip ...

{{gwi:824617}}

Juniperus horizontalis 'Golden Carpet' ... should be moving toward winter color soon ....

{{gwi:751554}}

Juniperus horizontalis 'Mother Lode' .. one of the best ... hard for me to get a good picture .... one you MUST HAVE ....

{{gwi:824620}}

Juniperus sabina 'Blue Tam' .. had a hard life.. rabbit insisted in digging under it for 2 years .... i think it finally had a good season.. i have high hopes for

pr next year ...

{{gwi:824622}}

Juniperus sabina 'Variegated'... must have gotten established... looking real vigorous this year ... lose at least one or two branches a year to one of the juniper diseases ...

{{gwi:824624}}

Comments (2)

• lpptz5b
    16 years ago

Ken
    The third pic,Is that Golden carpet or Mother lode?
    How readliy available is this plant?

How old is this plant,and how low to the ground does it stay?

I am looking for a horizontal juniper to plant at the base of Eastern red cedar and skyrocket juniper,and hug the ground enough for creeping phlox to bloom threw the week spots.

Tony

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

descriptions are ABOVE the picture.. so if you are scrolling.. you read first..

ML is a carpet... never more than what.. 3 inches ..

i think its trademarked.. should be available everywhere ...

my records say that one is 7 years old ..... i have seen it at hidden lakes gardens.. they planted 3 in a triangle... about 5 feet apart.. simply stunning ...

google IMAGES ought to have hundreds of pix ... link below ..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: search engines are great .. if you know the name.. lol

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz