SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cailinriley

Please help my little peony!!!

cailinriley
17 years ago

I posted this message in the Peonies forum, but have gotten no replies. Since I'm down to one stem, I need help quickly. I should have posted here, first...

"I often lurk in this forum--looking for photos, especially--but now I need someone's help.

Last year, I bought a small Paeonia anemoniflora. It survived the winter, and seemed to be growing well. Last weekend, I noticed that a couple of stems were lying on the ground. There seemed to be no blackening or unusual discolouring, but the leaves were obviously not doing well as they were wilting. I thought that a small animal (or my dogs) had somehow managed to bend the stems.

However, the same thing has happened to the remaining stems--except for one. I don't think it's botrytis, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be and what to do about it. I'm hoping that someone with more experience can help me save my plant. I love this variety, and it's not that easy to find around here."

{{gwi:755191}}

I have lots of peonies in my garden, but have never come across this problem, before. I don't know if the white powdery looking substance at the bottom of some stems has anything to do with anything. The stems that are lying down are turgid, but, as you can see, the leaves are limp. The stems are not pinched or mooshy at ground level. ????????

Since posting the message above on May 31, there has been no change in the plant. The one stem is bravely standing. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted!!

Comments (7)