SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildie

Rose of Sharon

wildie
16 years ago

does anyone bother?

I ask b/c I got some seeds in a trade 2 winters ago, and started them last year. I kept 1 to grow in a pot, and brought it indoors for the winter.

It didn't get buds till Sept/Oct, but I got 2 lovely blooms in Dec. It did lovely the 1st 1/2 upstairs in my N facing livingroom window (Figured it lives outside on that side of the house so why not?) Then I had to move it downstairs to our S facing basement window, and it seemed to do even better!

When spring finally came I wanted to get it used to be outside again, but somehow (I have 2 kids under 3~ so distraction is common) I forgot about it and it stayed outside all night! It didn't look like it'd suffered so I didn't think anything of it. all the leaves dried up and fell off. I left it in the pot for 3 wks b4 I got mad and went to pull it out, 1 of the branches bent back and I noticed it was green inside. In 2 days I started noticing leaf buds, and a wk later there are leaves all over it.

I wonder if I should risk putting it in the ground, perhaps in my backyard which is always hotter than the front?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH