SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marciaz3

A cutting thread

Did we have one of these before? About taking cuttings? Maybe we did. But when we were together in Thunder Bay, we talked a bit about this. Kelly said that when she does something like bacopa, she lays the cutting across the soil and kind of anchors it down with soil. This way, a couple of spots will root and you'll get more plant for your cutting. Good idea! I thought you could also anchor them down with bobby pins - also a good idea if you happen to have them! LOL I found exactly TWO!

I'm running out of containers and space, so what i ended up doing for my cuttings was using some strawberry containers that didn't get used for winter sowing. I was able lay three or four cuttings side by side in the containers. The lids are vented so they wouldn't allow much humidity, so i put them into a flat with a dome. So far, the dome is a bit misted, so the humidity isn't too high in there. I found that when i enclosed some containers in plastic bags, some things rotted before they rooted. With any luck, this will work better.

Anyone else trying this? How are you doing them and how is it working out?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths