SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northspruce

Indoor sowing gone in the compost anyone?

northspruce
17 years ago

Let's have a confessional here... anyone throw any indoor sown seedlings out yet? Planted too soon, grew too fast, didn't like the looks of it? Or was that just me? LOL

I threw out my vendiums. They were huge and messy and I didn't like the way the foliage looked like thistles.

I threw out some of my ornamental kale early on - although those that I didn't throw out kinda stopped growing and are not out of hand. I will plant them and see how they do.

I threw out my tomatoes, which I started way too early, well I should say I planted them before a hard frost which is essentially throwing them out. Thankfully I have several plants started later that will be fine until June.

Believe it or not, I didn't throw out my nasturtiums. I won't do it again, but the indoor sown ones I started in March have been reasonably happy in a hanging basket in the porch window. They're flowering.

This is in addition to the couple of things that either didn't germinate or died of unknown ailments. (cypress vines...)

All in all, I have been loving the indoor seedling experience!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County