SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rj_hythloday

Read the FAQ, can I direct sow w/ mini greenhouses?

rj_hythloday
15 years ago

Can I direct sow w/ mini greenhouses?

I've got a big compost pile curing and ready to go in the raised beds. I have $200 of seeds that have arrived and are still in transit. The raised beds can be made in a day and filled w/ the compost.

I just found out today I'm going to be leaving for a school for 3 months. Don't know when yet, but soon. If I get it started the dw should be able to keep every thing watered, but the garden is really my thing.

I'm wondering if I can direct sow now and put the cut off milk jug on top to get some of the benefits of winter sowing, with out transplanting. She could just take the jugs off in 6 wks after last frost threat is over.

I'm in Norfolk, VA zone 8A. I'm indoor sowing toms and peppers and she'll have to keep an eye on those for me, and probably do the transplanting. I'm thinking I could sow the flowers, herbs, and veggies out side now.

Some of the stuff I plan on growing potatos, watermelon, corn. 3 types of rosemary, 4 types of basil, lady lavender, 4 types of carrots, 5 lettuces, 3 spinach, cauliflower(I'd sow indoors if I was going to be here), pole beans, sunflowers, lots of flowers.

The school is a good thing, but this really couldn't have happened at a worse time... I'll survive, but I don't know if the garden will...

Comments (9)

Sponsored