SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luv2gro

The ever dreaded fungus gnat

luv2gro
18 years ago

About a month ago, I went to buy some chamomile tea to do some damping off prevention and when I got home, discovered I had bought peppermint tea. After a bit of a ggogle, I discovered some sites talking about peppermint tea to ward off fungus gnats. I then did a drenching with peppermint tea and just realized tonight that I have not had any, and I mean any, fungus gnats this year. Last year, I was going crazy with them and had gone through about 6 sticky strips by now and even got some industrial insecticide from the greenhouse I was working at. That helped a bit but they were so out of control by then that I just couldn't wait to get everything outside and the greenhouse turned off.

I'd be interested to hear whether it is just my lucky year or if the peppermint tea really worked. Is anyone having a problem with fungus gnats right now? Would you be interested in trying the peppermint tea on your next watering of everything and letting us know if it at least helps the problem? If it works, it's a lot cheaper than the mosquito Bt products. Thanks

Shauna

Comments (62)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County