SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gcmastiffs

Lasik surgery

gcmastiffs
16 years ago

Have any of you had this done?

I've been very near-sighted since I was a child. I wore glasses, contacts, and as my vision got worse, tried mono-vision lenses and bifocals. I hated them! My glasses got thicker and thicker.

My BF Dawn had Lasik 8 years ago, and has been happy with the results. But, I read that it could cause dry eye, light sensitivity, and imperfect results. I hesitated. I read all I could about it.

I want to be more active. Glasses are a pain when kayaking, shooting, hiking, gardening, showing dogs, etc. The price of surgery has gone way down, become affordable-since insurance does not cover it. My husband was supportive.

I researched online and found a place that has done 650,000 surgeries. I went for the free consult, and was impressed by the facility and complex eye exams.

Had the surgery Wednesday.. It scared me terribly. I'm not into halucinations/weird colors or things poking/sweeping/pressing my eyes. The Laser sounded just like my Stun Gun-held for 20 seconds (seemed endless). The smell of burning tissue was nasty. It did not hurt, but it was frightening.

But, I could see.. To the windowsill, out into the parking lot, down the street and as far as the horizon. I was thrilled!

It has gotten even better. Had a recheck the next day, and another one today. My vision is the best it has ever been, and will get better! I see 20/15 in my right eye, and 20/30 in the left. There is still inflammation, which will go away with time and steroid drops.

I never knew how beautiful the world is! I can now see every leaf on every tree! I've been living in a blurry world for far too long...

Lisa

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!