SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

My dilema-Surgery or a new temp job???

cindeea
16 years ago

Well I got great news at the surgeon today. They can schedule me as soon as Nov. 14th for my first hip replacement. Prob is I accepted a temp seasonal job that starts Nov. 5th. I will call Mike tomorrow and see what he thinks. I cannot imagine they would be happy for me to start and then take 3-4 weeks off. I am just so darn happy I am getting closer to surgery after waiting 10 months. Still, I was really looking forward to the job. What to do?? Last year they were scheduling surgeries 3-4 months out, so I thought it wouldn't be until Jan or Feb they would get me in. At first I thought, "Oh heck, I have waited this long, what's a few more months to wait till after the seasonal job is done." Knowing now that by December I can be walking better than ever, though, has me re-thinking the whole thing. After talking to Mike tomorrow, I'll let you know the outcome.

In the meantime, both doctors were impressed with my leg strength, circulation and range of motion. They feel that within 2 1/2 - 3 weeks I will be moving about without assistance. I didn't realize I was that strong and resillient, but they feel I will mend very quickly. Wish me luck!!!

Comments (17)