SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firefightergardener

Chamaecyparis photo gallery 2011

This species of conifer is accountable for thousands of cultivars, many very similar but also many wildly different and unique. There are many amazing cultivars available and though I have a small smattering of them from my gardens to share, surely some others here can add to this gallery.

This, moreso then any other species gives me naming fits and I'll rely on help from Edwin and others here to correct and ID plants in my collection.

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Butter Ball'. Golden-green. No burn, very slow.

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'White Pygmy'. Edwin identified a different plant in my gardens last year with this name but I've seen reliable sources here also calling this the same thing. Can this be figured out? This plant doesn't seem to grow but sit there and glow. I swear it's the same size as when I planted it four years ago.

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Gimborn Beauty'. Possibly confused with...

Chamaecyparis 'Split Rock'. Pretty sure this is 'Split Rock' though, it has more blue to it. A nice plant either way.

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Chirimen'. One of the best, a little unusual thing. I cut back the heather to prevent them from overwhelming this small specimen.

Unknown. Gift from Larry Stanley. He's a gem(the plant AND the person).

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Blue Feathers'. Highly textured and quite blue.

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Goldilocks'. Moved to a new spot since it grows so quickly.

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Lemon Twist'. Getting pretty large as well. Something will give.

-Will

Here is a link that might be useful: Chamaecyparis gallery 2010

Comments (39)