SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glen3a

Brecks Catalogue -- 'Lily Trees'

glen3a
17 years ago

I got a Breck's catalogue attached to my Canadian Gardening magazine and they had something in it called a "Lily Tree". Curious, I read the paragraph that followed and it said that they are actually members of the Orienpet family.

Is the name Lily Tree just a marketing ploy? I checked my T&T catalogue and they sell Orienpet lilies too, though they have different varieties available and don't use the term "lily trees".

Also, T&T just states theirs obtain a height of 3 or 4 feet (depends on color) but Brecks makes a point out of saying that their varieties get taller each year. (This is where the marketing ploy comes in), they show pictures of a one year old lily at 3 feet high, a two year old lily about 4 feet high, then a 3 year old lily about six feet high. Plus, they make a point out of saying how sturdy the stems are.

Do all orienpet lilies get taller once established? If I ordered a orienpet from any source would it perform just the same as Brecks tree lilies, or are the 4 types that they list unique?

Glen

Comments (28)