SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Kitten Update - A Day at the Races

scents_from_heaven
15 years ago

It is approaching post time and my eyes fly open as I hear the thunder of paws. I open one eye and see a fuzzy dark shape go bounding across the floor and launch itself into an open drawer. As I slowly blink and open the other eye another thundering object takes a flying graceful leap and land ungracefully with a thud on the edge of the open drawer before tumbling into the drawer. Immediately a brawl ensues and clothes are slowly coming out of the drawer. Is nothing safe around here? Suddenly both bodies emerge over the side of the drawer and four innocent eyes stare into mine and then it is over the side and the thunderous herd round the corner into the back stretch (known as the great room). I slide out of bed and investigate the horrendous noise I hear expecting to find disaster. Instead my eyes spot these two adorable creatures hanging onto the straw broom leaning in the corner that thank goodness is vanilla instead of cinnamon. Two sets of precious eyes peer around the handle and blink at me and they attempt to look as if they were statues attached to the broom until Precious attempts to climb the handle and the broom shifts and they both take off running and hide under the nearest table. They poke their heads out and seeing the broom still standing they take off at break neck speed and with a flying leap Pumpkin lands in the laundry basket and Precious slides to a halt at the end of the basket and begins peering into the basket through the handle area. At this point a flashing paw reaches out of the handle area and swipes Precious across the face. She lands on her rear and then attacks the paw before launching herself into the basket to begin yet another brawl. I swear I need to open a bar so I can call these bar brawls. After a few seconds these two bodies hurl themselves (hurl is the only way to describe the force with which they come tumbling out of the basket) onto the floor and we are off to the races once again. They circle the basket, race to the chair, circle it, come tearing back into the litter box. Take a flying leap into it and they after sniffing for a second they bound out, race around the table and take off back towards the litter box. Pumpkin catches up with Precious and instead of passing her she leaps and lands on her back. For several seconds she balances precariously and attempts to maintain her position (guess she is tired of running and looking for a free ride) before Precious comes to a tumbling stop and Pumpkin goes flying onto the carpet. I laugh so hard and then as they turn and look at me accusingly I decide it is time to feed them their salmon for breakfast. I take it out of the fridge and warm it in the microwave while these two statues with moving eyes watch every move I make. Upon placing the china plates (they refuse to eat off of everyday dishes so I found a sale and bought several small china plates and remember we now have to use two plates) on the floor they pounce and begin growling before wolfing down the salmon. I fear for my hand as I place the plates. I really must check the labels on the Fancy Feast to see what steroids are in it as they are growing by leaps and bounds and their energy is unbelievable. When I leave for work I fear for the state of the house when I return. I have two terrorist living in my home. *ROFLMAO* I would not remove them for the world. After inhaling the food they once again attack the innocent broom and them slowly slide to the floor and drift off into kitty never land where they dream of chasing butterflies and bugs and sniffing flowers and then an eye opens and looks at me. A soft mew follows as if to say thank you and I love you and then the eye closes and soft purrs flutter in the air from their tiny bodies as they return to their private world of sleep. Linda

Comments (10)