SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

QUILTERS! Round Robin?

solstice98
16 years ago

Not many of us are as accomplised quilters as MaryBeth, but I think there are several gardeners in our group who also quilt. Kat and I were talking about it recently and I thought it might be fun to start a Round Robin if we can get 4 or more people interested.

I've attached a link to an instruction page, but basically here's what a Round Robin is for those who don't know:

1. Each quilter makes a center square for their quilt.

2. We each send them to another person in the group who attaches a border.

3. Then it's on to the next person on the list who attaches a second border.

4. Then on to the last person in your group of 4 who puts on a third border.

5. The quilt returns to the person who started it. (Either by mail or at a lunch.)

6. Once you get your quilt back you can finish it the way it is for a wall hanging size or attach more borders or blocks to increase the size to whatever you want.

We can set some guidelines, but each border is up to the person who does it. It can be simple or ornate, hand sewn or machine sewn, depending on skill level and available time! It's nice to stick with colors or themes requested by the starter, but some of the joy comes from just seeing what happens. We would have to set a schedule but I wouldn't want it so tight it felt too much like pressure - I suspect we all have enough of that already!

I would suggest we set the center to be either 12 inch or 16 inch square and each border to then be 6 inches or 8 inches.

Anyone interested? Kat? How about your friend Wanda?

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Round Robin Quilt pictures

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21