SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karalynn_gw

cat in need of home

15 years ago

During the last freeze I had at my house I found a half grown black cat hanging out in my front garden while I was covering some of my new plant additions. I put some food in the cat bowl on the front porch for him to eat and pet him some. After he had eaten his fill and came over to me for some attention I was worried that he was someone's pet who had gotten loose so I picked him up by his scruff and put him in a cat carrier for the night. After talking to a neighbor I discovered that he's probably from the half feral colony up the street and was just looking for handouts. So the following morning I let him go, gave him some more food, and figured he'd go back to where he came from. No such luck! Now he's on the front porch all the time, is under my feet the minute I step out the front door, and even perches on the outside sill for the living room windows so that he can watch me in the evening!

As you can see he is adorable but I already have 3 cats, 2 indoor and 1 outdoor, and can't afford to take care of a fourth one. He's very affectionate and well socialized with other cats but probably isn't nuetered or have any of his shots. Does anyone here know of any cat rescue groups that are located in the Citrus county area that could help me find a new home for him? While he might not have a problem with other cats, my three do not like him at all. Although I will admit it was rather funny to watch him trying to cuddle up to my 18 year old outside cat as she hisses and growls at him and then stalks off in a huff!

And it was hilarious to watch my youngest cat try to jump at him through the living room window only to end up bouncing off the glass and landing on the floor!

Thanks,

Kara

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz