SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyw5

What would you do if it happened to you?

Good news first, thanks to everyone who gave me the confidence I needed to communicate with hybridizers. I now have many plants from some wonderful people Paul Owens, Judy Davisson,Richard Norris, Nate Bremer and the list goes on. Now the not so good news. I received an order yesterday that included a 100 dollar intro. As I sat staring at this poor little specimen teeny tiny with three roots and no active root growth. The thought kept going thru my head (are you kidding me). Now I'm not new to daylilies and I know what to expect from a small diploid. So I called the farm. I'm never nasty to any one ever but I did say that I was shocked at the poor quality of the plant sent. This plant was as poor as anything I've seen. Sorry this is so long. I received a return phone call from one unhappy gentleman. Who said that he personally packaged this order and stated that he saw nothing wrong with it. He said that he wasn't about to to did up a whole bunch of daylilies to find a nice plant to send. He put the shovel in and thats what came out and don't order this hybridizers plants the first year they are introduced if I don't like it. I received an email from the farm this morning it read"if returning the plant you need to do so today and spend the 75 cents to get the confirmation of delivery from the post office added and send me the tracking number. has anyone ever been treated like this. I'm kind of sick to my stomach right know. I've pretty much decided to leave this a long and mark this as a live and learn lesson as the anger I heard in his voice last night was scary and I don't enjoy upsetting anyone. Like I said I've had so many wonderful experiences with daylily folks and I'm sure glad this wasn't my first time to order or I'd never would have ordered again. Thanks for listening now I don't feel so bad. Pat

Comments (17)