SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pudge2b

Traveling?

Pudge 2b
16 years ago

This may be more of a 'conversations' type thread, but I think that any gardener who travels is going to be very interested in checking out the flora and fauna of the region. I also suspect that many cold zoners tend to get away from the cold for a week or two in the winter. I rarely have a conversation with anyone without it leading to who's going where this winter. I know of a number of people visiting Hawaii this year, which is somewhere I'd love to go see.

We've never traveled in winter but my family is planning a Las Vegas trip at Easter so I'll be going to see that area for the first time. I'm really looking forward to it - I haven't traveled in the US, aside from driving thru the northern states, and have never seen desert and all that has to offer. Not being a gambler, I'm looking for some other interesting sights, preferably garden or nature related, to see while we're there. We'll have a car rental and will be driving out to some areas. Looks like an interesting garden at the university, as well.

Anyone else been on or planning a winter trip? Do you check out specifically garden/nature related sights?

Comments (16)